Suspicious activity alert received when an email is sent
To protect all users, we temporarily block email sending on accounts that are flagged with spam-like or suspicious sending habits. If you're seeing "suspicious activity detected" or "account temporarily blocked from sending messages", you'll still have access to your mail and receive messages while you wait for the hold to expire.
- Send your email as plain text if it contains hyperlinks.
- Don't send a large number of emails over a short period of time.
- Remove and re-add the account from any non-Yahoo Mail apps that may be accessing it.
- Sending a lot of emails in a short time.
- Sending duplicate info in your email repeatedly.
- Sending 1 or more emails to a large number of recipients.
- Having a message stuck in the Outbox of the Yahoo Mail app.
- Your account might have been compromised by a hacker adding a suspicious or invalid sending name.
These sending habits may trigger the temporary block on your account, if they do not apply to you, then someone else may be sending emails from your account. Find out how to secure a hacked account.