Generate third-party app passwords
Some older, third-party email apps (that do not use our Yahoo branded sign in page) require you to enter a single password for login credentials. To access your Yahoo Mail account on these apps, you'll need to generate and use an app password. An app password is a long, randomly generated code that gives a non-Yahoo app permission to access your Yahoo account. You’ll only need to provide this code once to sign in to your third-party email app.
- Sign in and go to your Account security page.
- Click Generate app password or Manage app passwords.
- Select your app from the drop down menu and click Generate.
- Follow the instructions below the password.
- Click Done.
- Use this app password and your email address to sign in to your email app.