Search for messages in Yahoo Mail
Find emails, attachments, photos, and calendar invites by using the search feature in Yahoo Mail. Use a few search terms or an advanced search to locate harder to find items.
- Basic search - Enter keywords in the top search bar, then click the Search icon .
- Search by sender - When viewing a list of emails, mouse over 1 and click the Search icon .
Find messages with a specific subject line or from a certain person by placing “Subject:” or “From:” before your search terms. For example:
- In the top search bar, click the Search Options icon .
- Enter your search criteria (result only show for the field you enter).
- Optionally, limit by folder, date, or attachment:
- Limit by folder - Select a folder from the "Search in" field.
- Limit by date - Select a predefined range or pick custom dates.
- Limit by attachment - Show emails with only attachments, photos, or calendar invites.
- Click Search.